Women United and Strong
Rev. Stephanie Gannon
On the eve of International Women’s Day on March 8th and on the centennial of the passage of the 19th Amendment, we’ll take time this Sunday to celebrate some powerful women in our UU tradition who continue to be examples to us of what’s possible for the love and justice we aspire to today.
- Rev. Gannon – Office Hours Tuesdays: Feb 4 and 18 at 7-9PM at Panera Bread, Penn Center East, Monroeville. Please call or email to schedule. See the newsletter for more details.
- Green Committee Happenings On March 29 after church, the green committee will be showing a short (about 20 minute) film titled ‘The Story of Stuff’. See the newsletter for more information.
- Adult RE Adult RE will normally be held on the 2nd Sunday of each month, from noon-2 p.m. Our first session is Jan 12.
- Program Committee Meeting Calling all ESUUC members and friends interested in having a voice in Sunday programming, to join Program Committee Co-Admins, Kathy R and Kate CP,. next meeting on February 2 at Noon.
- ESUUC Day Time Book Club Meets the 1st Tuesday of the month at 1 pm at Panera, Penn Center Monroeville. See the newsletter for book selection.
- (W)rusty Writers Monthly writers workshop, third Thursdays of the month from 6:30-8:30pm
- Starting Point Membership Workshops Please join Rev Stephanie & Melanie for a new program from Soul Matters. Sessions are Sundays: Jan 26th, Feb 16 and Mar 15, all at 12-2 pm. For more information see the newsletter.
- Circle of the Earth – Imbolc We will celebrate Imbolc on Saturday, February 1, 7PM, at the church. Please bring a dish to share for the potluck following the ritual. See the newsletter for more information.
- Caring Circle Thursday, Feb 27th at 7 pm. See the newsletter for details.
I joined ESUUC because I wanted my kids to have a religious experience that gave them the freedom to create their own faith. I wasn’t even looking for anything for myself, but I found interesting services, thoughtful discussion, fulfilling volunteer opportunities, and some really terrific friends!
Tabitha H. R.
Would you like to see your testimonial here? Send it to email@example.com.