In today’s world, people are free to be who they want while being under pressure to conform to various social roles. One result is a pervasive worry that some or all aspects of our lives are lived inauthentically, as conveyed in expressions like “being just a number” or “a cog in a machine.” But what … Continued
- Rev. Gannon – Office Hours Tuesdays: Jan 7 and 21 at 7-9PM at Panera Bread, Penn Center East, Monroeville. Please call or email to schedule. See the newsletter for more details.
- Green Committee Happenings On March 29 after church, the green committee will be showing a short (about 20 minute) film titled ‘The Story of Stuff’. See the newsletter for more information.
- Adult RE Adult RE will normally be held on the 2nd Sunday of each month, from noon-2 p.m. Our first session is Jan 12.
- Program Committee Meeting Calling all ESUUC members and friends interested in having a voice in Sunday programming, to join Program Committee Co-Admins, Kathy R and Kate CP,. next meeting on January 5 at Noon.
- ESUUC Day Time Book Club Meets the 1st Tuesday of the month at 1 pm at Panera, Penn Center Monroeville. See the newsletter for book selection.
- (W)rusty Writers Monthly writers workshop, third Thursdays of the month from 6:30-8:30pm
- Starting Point Membership Workshops Please join Rev Stephanie & Melanie for a new program from Soul Matters. Sessions are Sundays: Jan 26th, Feb 16 and Mar 15, all at 12-2 pm. For more information see the newsletter.
- Apres Holiday Post-Party Save the date – Saturday, January 11.
- Circle of the Earth – Embolc We will celebrate Embolc on Saturday, February 1, 7PM, at the church. Please bring a dish to share for the potluck following the ritual. See the newsletter for more information.
I joined ESUUC because I wanted my kids to have a religious experience that gave them the freedom to create their own faith. I wasn’t even looking for anything for myself, but I found interesting services, thoughtful discussion, fulfilling volunteer opportunities, and some really terrific friends!
Tabitha H. R.
Would you like to see your testimonial here? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.